Friday, June 15, 2007

Nana

KD is not having a good day. Jason's grandmother, the nicest nana you could ever meet, died this morning after a very short battle with cancer. I think it says a lot about her that even people who weren't related to her called her "Nana", and it's depressing as hell to think she's not going to be around to see River grow up. I have a lot of other shit I could bitch about, but it all seems kind of lame and unimportant. Out of all of Jason's family, she made me feel the most welcome and I honestly believe that she loved and cared about me...and her whole life revolved around Jason and River, so I've gotta love her for that.

I don't really know what else to say....I know there's plenty of anecdotes I could relate of her being funny or silly or overbearing or slightly insane, but I don't think any of them quite paint the picture of the wonderful person she was. Jason says River's got one awesome guardian angel now, so I guess that pretty much says it.

No comments: