Friday, May 18, 2007

Not now, Mommy's hungover

I am reminded today of why excessive drinking and childcare don't exactly mesh. Not that I'm drinking now, mind you...but last night it seemed like such a nice way to unwind. "Hey, I'll have a few beers, watch 'Lost', and then write a series of incoherent emails to various myspace friends. That seems like a good idea." I am being a bad mommy at the moment...I've put in "The Muppet Movie", which is always sure to completely transfix my son for a good ninety minutes. I guess it could be worse; if you don't know who the Wiggles are, count yourself lucky. I really don't want to be the kind of parent who just plops their kid in front of the TV, but there are times when I just need a break. Oh well...I'm sure a Mommy and Me group will be busting down my front door any moment now to give me a bunch of shit regarding my parenting skills, so I'd better go watch me some Kermit.

1 comment:

Puglet said...

But they are such good emails, and make me feel much better about my stoner blog posts!